Accolade for parts technician
- Credit: Archant
A parts technician from farm machinery dealer Ben Burgess & Co has won a top accolade.
Michael King, from the firm’s Newmarket depot, was named John Deere’s Best Parts Technician in the country.
He was presented with his award during a graduation ceremony in Mannheim, Germany.
Mr King, who began work at the age of 15, and spent a year in the workshop at Ben Burgess, learning about various systems within the agricultural, horticultural and construction machinery industry, has worked in the company’s parts department for the past four years.
“After a year, an opportunity to become a parts apprentice came up and after a few months of head scratching I decided to go for it and try something new,” he said.
“I was certainly no flying A* student and certainly not a student that shone in school with great interests, talent or ambition.
“I spent most my time performing gymnastics stunts and avoiding teachers.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 5 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 6 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 7 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 8 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
“However, someone once said to me, nothing is impossible. In order to achieve you must go out there, work hard and believe in yourself. From this, I realised that perhaps if you keep things simple and believe in yourself, you are half way there.”
He described the accolade as “an honour”.
“I have never won anything in my life, so this is truly appreciated and feels amazing,” he said.