Accountancy firm Baker Tilly to rebrand as RSM
- Credit: Archant
UK accountants and business advisers Baker Tilly is to adopt a new identity as RSM under a move to create a global brand covering more than 100 firms.
Baker Tilly, which has 3,400 partners and staff operating from 32 locations around the country, including an office in Bury St Edmunds, became part of the RSM International network last year when it acquired UK member Tenon.
RSM International is the world’s sixth largest provider of tax services and has presence in more than 110 countries. In 2014 RSM International was the fastest growing top ten global network, posting an 18% increase in revenue, year-on-year, to US$4.4 billion for the year ending December 31, 2014.
Stephen Duffety, office managing partner for the Baker Tilly office in Bury, said: “The move will considerably strengthen our position in Bury St Edmunds as a leading provider of global audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.
“The middle market is a critical part of the UK and global economy generating more than one third of private sector UK GDP and employing nearly 40% of the UK private sector workforce.
“Although our name is changing, we will stay true to our roots and continue to maintain the core essence and legacy of the Baker Tilly brand. Adopting RSM as our name will simply accelerate our path to a recognised unified global brand and strategy. It will reinforce our focus on becoming the leading adviser to the middle market by ensuring that our clients receive consistent global services, irrespective of international borders.”
He added: “Our clients can be confident that wherever they do business, they will continue to receive a consistently high quality and seamless service from member firms that share the same values and understanding of their local market. Adopting the RSM name simply enables us to work even more effectively in all countries around the world.”
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 8 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 9 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 10 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
McGladrey, the network’s member firm in the United States, is also adopted the RSM identity.
The change will be effective from October 26, 2015. All member firms will remain independent legal entities within the RSM international network, but will carry the RSM brand name and logo.