Acquisition for regional cleaning firm
ONE of the biggest independent cleaning companies in the East of England has expanded with the acquisition of Suffolk-based B&G Services Anglia Ltd.
Monthind, based in London Road, Copford, near Colchester, operates extensively in Essex and also has clients in Suffolk, Norfolk Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
It has now acquired the assets of B&G, including its portfolio of commercial clients in Ipswich and the surrounding area, including Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe and Stowmarket, together with its materials and vehicles.
B&G’s staff of around 70 have also transferred to Monthind, bringing its total workforce to about 870.
Tony Clarke, managing director of Monthind, said: “This is a significant step in the development of our business in Suffolk.
“We are particularly pleased that we have acquired not only the contracts but the staff that go with those contracts.”
B&G was formed in 1984 by Geoff Bennett and was originally based in Needham Market before relocating to Ipswich six years ago.
- 1 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 6 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 7 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 10 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
Mr Bennett said his decision to sell was age-related. “My partner retired from her full-time job last year, and it seemed a good time sell,” he added.
The deal for B&G, the value of which has not been disclosed, was completed last month.
Monthind, which was founded in 1975 and has been owned by Mr Clarke since 1999, serves a total of more than 250 clients.
Its work involves a wide range of properties, from conventional offices of all sizes to more challenging environments in the health, emergency services and utility sectors.