Adam Hill and Alex Harris
WITH TWO PICS (not good pics, can be dropped)TWO university students from Colchester have scooped awards at the southern heat of the Institution of Engineering and Technology's (IET) Present Around the World competition.
TWO university students from Colchester have scooped awards at the southern heat of the Institution of Engineering and Technology's (IET) Present Around the World competition.
The event, which took place at the University of Colchester in Essex, saw six entrants go head to head. The top prize of �150 went to Adam Hill, a student at the University of Essex, for his presentation on “Low Frequency Optimization in Small/Medium Sized Listening Rooms”.
Second prize was awarded to fellow Essex University student Alex Harris for his presentation “Modern Cryptography - the Magic Bullet of Computer Security?”. Both students live in Colchester.
The event, organised by the IET's Anglian Coastal Local Network, is a presentation competition and involve competitors giving a presentation for 10 minutes followed by five minutes of questions from judges and peers.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were made by David Higgins, Honorary Secretary of the IET Anglian Coastal Local Network, who praised the quality of presentations, and knowledge and understanding that was demonstrated as “top notch”.
“The judges in summing up commended all entrants on the exceedingly high standard of presentations and the diverse and interesting selection of topics chosen,” he said.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 5 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 7 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
The winner will be recommended to go forward to the Present Around the World international final at the end of the year. The prize is the chance to present in a number of locations of the winners' choice around the world with all expenses paid.