Adnams begins to reopen stores across East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Southwold brewer and retailer Adnams is reopening 10 of its 13 stores across East Anglia from Wednesday, June 3.
The retailer will relaunch the shops over a period of a week, but with changed opening times, and local delivery in place for addresses within a 30 minute drive.
The chain said it had carried out “a comprehensive and detailed programme of store upgrades”, as well as issuing new guidelines and staff training as it adjusts to government rules on social distancing and other measures designed to keep the spread of coronavirus in check.
MORE – Suffolk Show team face ‘year of many challenges’ as they pick themselves up and start up againHead of retail Alex Hemen said the safety of customers and employees was a priority which led to the temporary closures.
“We have a phased re-opening of our shops and putting in place operational measures to ensure we continue to keep everyone safe.”
Adnams said its online channel had experienced a tenfold increase in sales during lockdown.
Stores in Southwold, Woodbridge, Holt will open on June 3, followed by Harleston, Unthank Road Norwich on June 4 and Hadleigh on June 5. A further four stores will open the following week.
Announcements about dates for Aldeburgh, Norwich Westlegate and Wine Shop in Southwold will be confirmed in due course, the company said.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 6 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 7 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors