Adnams begins to reopen stores across East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Southwold brewer and retailer Adnams is reopening 10 of its 13 stores across East Anglia from Wednesday, June 3.
The retailer will relaunch the shops over a period of a week, but with changed opening times, and local delivery in place for addresses within a 30 minute drive.
The chain said it had carried out “a comprehensive and detailed programme of store upgrades”, as well as issuing new guidelines and staff training as it adjusts to government rules on social distancing and other measures designed to keep the spread of coronavirus in check.
MORE – Suffolk Show team face ‘year of many challenges’ as they pick themselves up and start up againHead of retail Alex Hemen said the safety of customers and employees was a priority which led to the temporary closures.
“We have a phased re-opening of our shops and putting in place operational measures to ensure we continue to keep everyone safe.”
Adnams said its online channel had experienced a tenfold increase in sales during lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
Stores in Southwold, Woodbridge, Holt will open on June 3, followed by Harleston, Unthank Road Norwich on June 4 and Hadleigh on June 5. A further four stores will open the following week.
Announcements about dates for Aldeburgh, Norwich Westlegate and Wine Shop in Southwold will be confirmed in due course, the company said.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash