Adnams chairman toasts 60th birthday with charity auction of specially-brewed beer
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of Southwold brewers Adnams is set to auction off six bottles of a beer specially made for his 60th birthday.
Funds raised from the bottles of Jonathan Adnams’ limited edition j.P.A. birthday brew will to towards Adnams Community Trust, a grant-making body set up by the company to benefit those living within 25 miles of Southwold.
Mr Adnams made a total of 40 bottles of the beer, which is not available publicly but is described as dry on the palate and with a “citrus orange nose” , with brewer Dan Gooderham.
The 5.5% abv, bottle conditioned pale ale was brewed with East Anglian pale ale malt and rye grown from Mr Adnams’ own rye fields.
Jester and Amarillo hops were added late to the brewing kettle and used to dry hop the beer.
You may also want to watch:
“This unique beer would make a great Christmas gift for the person who has everything, and with a best before of February 28, it’s certainly one to enjoy over the festive period,” the company said.
Six bottles of this limited-edition beer will be auctioned individually via a 24 hour open auction on Twitter with the money raised donated to the trust.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Anyone interested in making a bid should tweet it to @Adnams followed by the hashtag #AdnamsAuction from midday on Monday.
Bids will be accepted up to midday on Tuesday, and bidders must be over the age of 18.
The top six bidders will be given the opportunity to own one 500ml bottle of j.P.A.