Adnams claims national title
SOUTHWOLD brewing and leisure retail company Adnams has been named Brewery of the Year in the 2011 edition of The Good Pub Guide, which is published today.
Adnams is praised by the editors of the guide for “its interesting and seasonally-changing range of splendid ales”, with a mention too for the good wines also supplied by the company.
The company’s Sole Bay Brewery, located behind the Swan hotel in the heart of Southwold, has undergone a complete internal refit in recent years, making it one of the most energy-efficient operations of its kind in the country.
It has also added East Green, the UK’s first carbon-neutral beer, to its range of regular beers, Bitter, Broadside and Explorer, while seasonal brews include the likes of Oyster Stout, Tally Ho, Yuletide and Regatta.
Company chairman Jonathan Adnams said: “Adnams is delighted to be named Brewery of the Year by The Good Pub Guide.
You may also want to watch:
“We have welcomed over 7,000 people in to the brewery on tours this year and their feedback tells us that they love our beers and our sustainable approach to business.
“Our new brewery is one of the most energy-efficient in the country and the quality and range of our beers has never been better.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
“To have so many of our pubs and stockists listed in the Good Pub Guide, together with the honour of being Brewery of the Year, makes us all feel extremely proud.
“I would like to thank our customers and dedicated employees for their continued support,” he added.
In the guide’s county-based Dining Pub of the Year awards, the Suffolk winner is the Crown at Stoke-by-Nayland while the Essex title goes to the Sun at Dedham.
The guide’s overall Pub of the Year is the Tempest Arms at Elslack in Yorkshire.