Adnams opens fifth kitchen store
Suffolk brewer and retailer Adnams opened the doors to its fifth Cellar & Kitchen store in the East Anglian region yesterday (Monday, July 23).The latest addition to the company's successful wine and kitchen retail brand is located in Harleston, on the Suffolk Norfolk border.
Suffolk brewer and retailer Adnams opened the doors to its fifth Cellar & Kitchen store in the East Anglian region yesterday (Monday, July 23).
The latest addition to the company's successful wine and kitchen retail brand is located in Harleston, on the Suffolk Norfolk border.
Adnams' retail director Rupert Farquharson said: “The Cellar & Kitchen store has been hugely successful in Southwold for many years and since 2005 we have taken the concept to Holkham, Woodbridge, Stamford and now Harleston.
“Our plan is to expand the Adnams Cellar & Kitchen store concept into several more hand-picked locations. Our strategy for outlet selection is to focus on locations where there is a core base of regular local trade, supplemented by tourist visitors and second home-owners.”
You may also want to watch:
The key to the stores' success, he added, was to attract high-end consumers looking for interesting wines that are not generally stocked by the supermarkets.
Alex Clack, manager of the new Harleston store, said: “Our extensive selection of over 400 wines is personally selected by Alastair Marshall and the wine team based in Southwold. Alastair's buying philosophy is based on buying wines he truly loves to drink - most are from small-scale producers and are made in an environmentally respectful manner.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
“Our range is full of distinctive, characterful wines, just like the people who make them.”