Adnams opens fifth kitchen store
Suffolk brewer and retailer Adnams opened the doors to its fifth Cellar & Kitchen store in the East Anglian region yesterday (Monday, July 23).The latest addition to the company's successful wine and kitchen retail brand is located in Harleston, on the Suffolk Norfolk border.
Suffolk brewer and retailer Adnams opened the doors to its fifth Cellar & Kitchen store in the East Anglian region yesterday (Monday, July 23).
The latest addition to the company's successful wine and kitchen retail brand is located in Harleston, on the Suffolk Norfolk border.
Adnams' retail director Rupert Farquharson said: “The Cellar & Kitchen store has been hugely successful in Southwold for many years and since 2005 we have taken the concept to Holkham, Woodbridge, Stamford and now Harleston.
“Our plan is to expand the Adnams Cellar & Kitchen store concept into several more hand-picked locations. Our strategy for outlet selection is to focus on locations where there is a core base of regular local trade, supplemented by tourist visitors and second home-owners.”
The key to the stores' success, he added, was to attract high-end consumers looking for interesting wines that are not generally stocked by the supermarkets.
Alex Clack, manager of the new Harleston store, said: “Our extensive selection of over 400 wines is personally selected by Alastair Marshall and the wine team based in Southwold. Alastair's buying philosophy is based on buying wines he truly loves to drink - most are from small-scale producers and are made in an environmentally respectful manner.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
“Our range is full of distinctive, characterful wines, just like the people who make them.”