Adnams wins gold in spirits contest
VODKA and gin from the Adnams distillery in Southwold have picked up three medals at the World Spirits Competition – just four months after their launch
Adnams’ Longshore Vodka was awarded a gold medal at the event, held annually in San Francisco, while the company’s First Rate Gin and Copper House Barley Vodka both won silver.
The Copper House Distillery, created within a formerly disused area of the Adnams brewery, was launched in November last year.
Three different vodkas and two gins are currently available with future products also due to include whiskey, which will be available following a three-year maturation process.
Company chairman Jonathan Adnams said: “We are absolutely delighted that after such a short period of time our Copper House Distillery spirits have picked up three medals at this world-class competition.
You may also want to watch:
“We built the distillery to extend the Adnams brand to take advantage of the growing craft spirits market.
“These medals give us great pleasure and confidence that our distillery products are being judged so positively against others on a world stage.”
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 10 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
Mr Adnams said that the company’s spirits were selling well, both in its chain of Cellar & Kitchen stores and in pubs, bars and restaurants, locally and in London. “Following this initial success we look forward to launching our range of seasonal spirit liqueurs and of course our first Southwold whiskey in December 2013,” he added.