Adnams wins gold in spirits contest
VODKA and gin from the Adnams distillery in Southwold have picked up three medals at the World Spirits Competition – just four months after their launch
Adnams’ Longshore Vodka was awarded a gold medal at the event, held annually in San Francisco, while the company’s First Rate Gin and Copper House Barley Vodka both won silver.
The Copper House Distillery, created within a formerly disused area of the Adnams brewery, was launched in November last year.
Three different vodkas and two gins are currently available with future products also due to include whiskey, which will be available following a three-year maturation process.
Company chairman Jonathan Adnams said: “We are absolutely delighted that after such a short period of time our Copper House Distillery spirits have picked up three medals at this world-class competition.
“We built the distillery to extend the Adnams brand to take advantage of the growing craft spirits market.
“These medals give us great pleasure and confidence that our distillery products are being judged so positively against others on a world stage.”
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 5 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 6 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 10 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
Mr Adnams said that the company’s spirits were selling well, both in its chain of Cellar & Kitchen stores and in pubs, bars and restaurants, locally and in London. “Following this initial success we look forward to launching our range of seasonal spirit liqueurs and of course our first Southwold whiskey in December 2013,” he added.