Air Malta to fly from Southend to Malta, Sardinia and Sicily
- Credit: Archant
Air Malta is to operate flights from London Southend Airport this summer to the popular Mediterranean destinations of Malta, Sardinia and Sicily.
From May 4, the airline will operate direct flights to Malta – whose capital, Valletta, is the 2018 European Capital of Culture – on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
It will also operate direct flights to Catania, Sicily, on Mondays and Thursdays, and to Cagliari, Sardinia, on Wednesdays and Sundays, also starting in May.
Charles Mangion, chairman of Air Malta, said: “We are thrilled to be announcing flight services connecting Malta, Sicily, Sardinia and London.
“This is more good news for Maltese, Sicilian, Sardinian and British tourists alike who now have the opportunity to visit these destinations through Air Malta’s services. Indeed, these are interesting times for Air Malta.”
You may also want to watch:
Glyn Jones, chief executive of Stobart Aviation, which owns London Southend Airport, added: “With our multi-award winning facilities, fast and frequent train services to London and market-leading record for punctuality, we look forward to providing an excellent service to passengers wanting to explore Malta, Sicily and Sardinia.”
For full details of the new flights, visit www.airmalta.com.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town