CLACTON firm Phelan Construction has appointed Alan Cansell to the role of business development manager.Mr Cansell has a strong background in cultivating long term relationships with customers and a proven track record in maintaining a high level of customer support.
CLACTON firm Phelan Construction has appointed Alan Cansell to the role of business development manager.
Mr Cansell has a strong background in cultivating long term relationships with customers and a proven track record in maintaining a high level of customer support.
He comes to Phelan with a wealth of management experience having headed up business development functions and managed a customer base that extended across the UK and into the Far East.
He has also worked in Europe and his career has included time spent as a partner in a company specialising in supply chain development, where he was responsible for the sales team, sales strategy and product management.
At Phelan, he will be identifying new business opportunities and implementing the firm's planned growth objectives.
Mr Cansell said: “Phelan is a company that has an outstanding reputation for both service and quality, so I feel that we're starting from a position of some strength. But I'm not complacent about what needs to be done, or the challenges we're likely to face as the recession bites.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 10 Man who punched ex-partner in face appeared 'unusually angry'
“We work across industries as diverse as leisure and health and this extensive platform is likely to serve us well when trading conditions are difficult. Everything I've seen at Phelan bears out the stated culture of providing excellent work on time and on budget. My job is to make sure we're using all the tools at our disposal to create an impact on our target market.”
Director Kieran O'Phelan said: “There's no doubt that Alan will be an asset to our team. What clearly came across when we read his CV and met him at interview was a “can do” attitude; added to such a strong career background, we know he'll make a difference.”