Aldeburgh Food & Drink Festival launches new start-up marquee
- Credit: Archant
Two organisations are set to co-host a start-up marquee at the Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival on September 26 and 27.
Suffolk enterprise agency Menta and Good Sense Research, part of Bury St Edmunds-based food and beverage sector innovation experts Food Innovation Solutions (FIS), are working in partnership to support new and emerging food and drink producers in Suffolk.
Alex Till, chief executive of Menta, said: “This is a great working partnership with Good Sense Research which will benefit the small and micro businesses we work with.
“Menta provides impartial business advice, workshops and networking events. Good Sense Research’s strength lies in its synergy with FIS, allowing them to bridge the gap between consumer insight and innovation.”
Jess Brown, of the Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival, said: “Our festival is well established and recognised nationally but we didn’t want to lose sight of the small producers across Suffolk. We are pleased to be working with Menta and Good Sense Research who, with their wealth of knowledge and expertise will combine creative culinary work with commercial targets and goals.”
You may also want to watch:
Aldeburgh Food & Drink Festival is providing exhibition space in the start-up marquee, aimed at businesses under two years old at a set price of £50 a day booked. For an application form contact Jess Brown on jess@aldeburghfood&drink.co.uk.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies