Aldeburgh: Independent shops to be celebrated with three day event
Shopkeepers, retailers and restaurateurs are gearing up for a celebration of their high street.
After the success of last year’s inaugural Independents Day, traders in Aldeburgh are preparing for a three-day extravaganza.
The event will run from July 4 to July 6 and is supported by the town’s business association.
It is spearheaded by Sue Fletcher, of ladies fashion boutique Caramel, and Claire Bruce-Clayton, of Lawson’s Delicatessen.
She said: “We have a lot of independent retailers in Aldeburgh which helps to create a great sense of community.
You may also want to watch:
“Our primary school gave us fantastic support last year and we are hoping they will be involved again.
“The second day of the campaign will be focused on supporting charities, demonstrating that our independent retailers recognise the importance of supporting good causes.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
“This is a perfect way to show people the fantastic services on offer in their local shops.”
Events planned include promotions, masterclasses, live music and a 1929 shuttle bus between residential areas and the high street. For details email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.