Aldeburgh Music appoints Kate Morgan as retail director at Snape Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Aldeburgh Music has named Kate Morgan as retail director for Snape Maltings.
The appointment comes four months after Aldeburgh Music, whose concert hall forms the centrepiece of the complex, acquired the whole Snape Maltings site from the Gooderham family.
Besides the concert venue the site also features a mix of independent shops, galleries and cafés and, with the property now unified under one ownership, Ms Morgan will run the retail operation, effectively taking over the role previously fulfilled by Alesha Gooderham.
Mr Morgan, who is due to take up her new appointment on November 2, is currently senior regional manager at fashion retailer Hobbs for East Anglia, Kent and Outer London.
She was previously general manager of the House of Fraser department store in Norwich and before that held a consultancy role at Elvi. She began her career at Debenhams and then held a range of management roles within the Arcadia group before becoming head of retail at Kew 159, part of Jigsaw.
Harry Young, general manager of Aldeburgh Music, said: “We are very much looking forward to Kate joining us in November to lead our talented retail team.
“Kate’s experience and leadership qualities will help us grow the business so successfully created by the Gooderhams, and help us make Snape Maltings an even more popular destination.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 8 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 9 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
Ms Morgan added: I am delighted to be joining the team at Aldeburgh Music at this exciting time for the business.
“Snape Maltings is a unique proposition with great heritage and charm. I look forward to working with the team to shape its future.”