Aldi reveals opening date for new Stowmarket supermarket
- Credit: Archant
A new Aldi store opening in one of Suffolk's biggest towns has released its opening date.
The store in Gipping Way, Stowmarket will now open its doors in May 2021 and the company is seeking 29 employees to run the new supermarket.
Plans for the new supermarket were submitted in 2018 and were accepted in late 2019.
The town was left without an Aldi store after a previous premises in Gipping Way was left in 2009.
The new building is in a slightly different location, and will bring back the brand's trademark deals back to the town.
An Aldi spokesperson said the new store is being built "as a result of its continued popularity and growth across the region".
The company is now advertising 29 new jobs, which they say is a "boost to the local economy".
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 9 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 10 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
Aldi is looking for two deputy store managers, 25 store assistants, and two store management apprentices to work at the Stowmarket site.
Those who would like to apply for the roles are invited to visit this website.