Aldi reveals which towns are on its shopping list
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket giant Aldi is on the hunt for sites to put new stores in five towns throughout Suffolk and north Essex.
The German retailer has Felixstowe, Sudbury, Saxmundham, Colchester and north east Ipswich on its shopping list of potential locations for stores.
While the towns are listed as potential locations for stores on the Aldi website it does not appear that any new shops are imminent.
An Aldi spokesman said: “We are always considering new locations for stores across the UK.
“When we have confirmed a location for a new store we will update the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the five towns shortlisted, only the Saxmundham and Felixstowe do not already have Aldi stores. Colchester and Ipswich each have three.
A statement on Aldi’s website reads: “Our sustained growth means we are continually expanding our property portfolio to help achieve our ever-growing goals for 2022.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
“We have ambitious acquisition and development plans beyond that and are looking to acquire sites that meet the following property criteria for our standard store format.”