Aldi reveals which towns are on its shopping list
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket giant Aldi is on the hunt for sites to put new stores in five towns throughout Suffolk and north Essex.
The German retailer has Felixstowe, Sudbury, Saxmundham, Colchester and north east Ipswich on its shopping list of potential locations for stores.
While the towns are listed as potential locations for stores on the Aldi website it does not appear that any new shops are imminent.
An Aldi spokesman said: “We are always considering new locations for stores across the UK.
“When we have confirmed a location for a new store we will update the community.”
Of the five towns shortlisted, only the Saxmundham and Felixstowe do not already have Aldi stores. Colchester and Ipswich each have three.
A statement on Aldi’s website reads: “Our sustained growth means we are continually expanding our property portfolio to help achieve our ever-growing goals for 2022.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 3 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 4 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 5 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 6 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 7 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 8 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
“We have ambitious acquisition and development plans beyond that and are looking to acquire sites that meet the following property criteria for our standard store format.”