GASTRO pub The Swan at Felsted, near Great Dunmow, has appointed Alex Maxfield as head chef.Mr Maxfield trained under chef John Dicken at The White Hart, Great Yeldham.
GASTRO pub The Swan at Felsted, near Great Dunmow, has appointed Alex Maxfield as head chef.
Mr Maxfield trained under chef John Dicken at The White Hart, Great Yeldham.
Since gaining experience at restaurants including Heston Blumenthal's three Michelin-starred Fat Duck at Bray and Hambleton Hall on Rutland Water, he has made his name at the award-winning George at Cavendish.
“Most of our guests know a great deal about food. They know what they like and they expect consistency and quality,” he said.
“We aim to deliver this from day one. We also intend to transform the appearance of the food The Swan has been serving over the past couple of years.”
The Swan is sister pub to the Compasses at Pattiswick.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
Owner Jono Clark, said: “I am delighted with Alex's appointment. We have worked with him now on and off for the past three years at the Compasses and I feel this new appointment will be the making of The Swan at Felsted.