GASTRO pub The Swan at Felsted, near Great Dunmow, has appointed Alex Maxfield as head chef.Mr Maxfield trained under chef John Dicken at The White Hart, Great Yeldham.
GASTRO pub The Swan at Felsted, near Great Dunmow, has appointed Alex Maxfield as head chef.
Mr Maxfield trained under chef John Dicken at The White Hart, Great Yeldham.
Since gaining experience at restaurants including Heston Blumenthal's three Michelin-starred Fat Duck at Bray and Hambleton Hall on Rutland Water, he has made his name at the award-winning George at Cavendish.
“Most of our guests know a great deal about food. They know what they like and they expect consistency and quality,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We aim to deliver this from day one. We also intend to transform the appearance of the food The Swan has been serving over the past couple of years.”
The Swan is sister pub to the Compasses at Pattiswick.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
Owner Jono Clark, said: “I am delighted with Alex's appointment. We have worked with him now on and off for the past three years at the Compasses and I feel this new appointment will be the making of The Swan at Felsted.