American football-inspired ale, made in Suffolk, to go on sale in US stores
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk brewer is toasting a new deal in America.
St Peter’s Brewery at St. Peter South Elmham, Bungay, has won a listing with World Market Products Stores in the states for an American football-inspired ale.
The contract with the retailers, which has 259 stores across the US, is a significant one for the brewery, which launched Dirty Tackle to appeal specifically to US buyers.
The brewery has just sent out 630 cases of the English brown ale, described as smooth, full-bodied and malty.
It is proving particularly popular with US customers and was named the World’s Best English Brown Ale in the World Beer Awards in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
“With the rise in craft brewing in the US, there is a lot of competition now for shelf space,” said chief executive Steve Magnall.
“We developed Dirty Tackle with the US customer in mind, offering a brand which appealed directly to their favourite national pastime and a beer that suited their palates.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Woman's body found in village home
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook