Andrew Denny's Destination Growth blog
Destination Growth blog from Andrew Denny, Managing Director, Fix-a-Form International, Bury St Edmunds - 9.09 AM : Just arrived at Destination Growth.
Destination Growth blog from Andrew Denny, Managing Director, Fix-a-Form International, Bury St Edmunds
- 9.09 AM : Just arrived at Destination Growth. This is a BIG event. I am told 800 delegates. Been a couple of times before and always picked up some good business ideas.
This year I am also keeping am eye out for investment opportunities. So much taxpayers' money goes on this event it would be a shame to miss out.
Whilst writing this mail I bumped into a fellow who packs fruit. He may be a future customer for our labels. We swapped cards. Good start - first session not even begun!
- 10.22 AM
Greg Dyke - 7 leadership ideas and lots of stories.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 3 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 7 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 8 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
First seminar about to start. About 50 people hearing about opportunities in Asia. Already do business there but let's see what I can learn.
Just been carded by first consultant of the day.
- 11.41 AM
That seminar was not quite what I was expecting. Interesting though. All about successful Asian entrepreneurs and what we might learn from them.
- 2.17 PM
Lost count of how many cards I have given out during lunch time look around stands. Lots of quango's here but a few real companies too.
- 2.20 PM
Very interesting talk about teamwork from Scott Garrett, ex-Williams commercial director, but then I am an F1 fan.
- 3.54 PM
Two excellent seminars to finish. One on innovation, overflowing with ideas, second on effective PR.