Anglian Home Improvements set to axe 16 jobs at headquarters
Fear of falling revenues in the year ahead has triggered a round of redundancies at Norwich-based The company, which employs around 1,100 people in Norwich and engages around 4,500 staff across the UK, has begun a consultation process with administration staff about the proposed redundancies. Anglian which posted a �7m rise in operating profit in July and a �900,000 increase in turnover said that despite being in a strong position the worsening economic climate meant that it needed to look at its cost base.
Earlier this year the company appointed professional services firm KPMG to review the activities of the group, fuelling speculation that a �140m sell-off could be on the cards.
But Anglian insisted the redundancies were not linked to the review.
Melanie Mcdonald, head of communications, said: “Anglian are currently consulting with a number of staff regarding 16 potential redundancies from central administrative functions at its Norwich Headquarters.
“Anglian remains in a strong financial position with a robust cash balance, however, the company cannot isolate itself completely from market forces and needs to adjust its cost base to ensure the company remains strong despite the worsening economic position.
You may also want to watch:
“Anglian has looked very carefully at anticipated revenues for 2012 and this has led to the decision to reduce the cost base through a series of measures including procurement savings and operational efficiencies, and, regrettably, potential headcount reductions. Anglian currently employs circa 1000 people at its Norwich HQ and is responsible for the engagement of approximately 4,500 across the UK.”
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons