Trade union secure pay increase above inflation for Anglian Water workers
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of Anglian Water workers across the region are set to receive a 3% pay increase this year after a deal was secured by the Unite trade union.
This means a typical Suffolk worker at the company is in line to get a £750 pay rise.
The workforce also secured a 3 per cent pay increase in 2018 meaning that over the course of two years a typical workers' pay increased by around £1500.
MORE: Could new tax for online retailers save Ipswich's high street?The pay deal covers about 2,500 front line staff working for Anglian Water across the east of England.
Unite regional officer Adam Oakes said: "Thousands of workers across the east of England are getting an inflation beating increase this year on top of a significant pay increase last year.
"At a time of economic uncertainty it pays to have a trade union in the workplace negotiating pay.
You may also want to watch:
"The deal makes a big difference to workers at Anglian Water by helping them to keep up with the rising cost of living.
"Unite's representatives at the company have done a great job to have negotiated a good pay deal in difficult circumstances."
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Body found in the River Orwell
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 10 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134