ForFarmers animal feed firm expands into Poland
- Credit: Archant
Animal feed firm ForFarmers has expanded into Poland after snapping up 60% of poultry feed company Tasomix.
The Dutch farmer-owned firm, which has its UK headquarters at Bury St Edmunds, now operates across five countries.
Chief executive Yoram Knoop said: “We are pleased to be making the first step into Poland. We see opportunities to benefit from the expertise within Tasomix and to leverage our capabilities in Poland.
“This step also strengthens our poultry proposition. We are looking forward to joining forces with the strong local management team that will remain in place, to make Tasomix an even stronger, leading, player in the Polish market.”
Tasomix will become part of the ForFarmers cluster Germany, Belgium and Poland, managed by chief operating officer Adrie van der Ven.
You may also want to watch:
ForFarmers will pay an initial 56m euros (£49m) for the shares, and in 2021 make another payment subject to performance, with the option open to buy the remaining shares over time.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire