Ardleigh haulage firm set to create 35 new jobs
- Credit: Archant
A road haulage firm based in Ardleigh is set to expand and create 35 full-time jobs.
Systematic Logistics International has been given planning permission to expand its site in Old Ipswich Road.
It hopes to create a new 5,225 sqm warehouse in order to meet demandm as wekk as developing its external storage area and other facilities.
The firm currently employs 55 people, and hopes to grow to 90, as well as expanding its supply chain work beyond the more than 200 businesses in Tendring it already works with.
The expansion scheme was unanimously approved by Tendring District Council’s (TDC) planning committee.
Carlo Guglielmi, councillor for planning at TDC, said the firm had been operating for 21 years and is very successful.
He added: “It employs local people and supports the local economy.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
“It is an incredible story and we should be very proud to support this expansion and welcome it.
“I take my hat off to them and wish them every success for the future.”