Art, jewellery, ceramics and silver at Neals auction
- Credit: Archant
Give your home a lift for Spring with an auction purchase
Why not give your home a lift for Spring, with an auction purchase, says Russell Cole.
Auctiooner Russell said: “On Wednesday May 4, Neals Auctioneers of Woodbridge will be holding an auction of antique and other effects at the historic Theatre Street sale room.
An unusual pair of silver knife rests feature among the silver and plate items.
There are also silver salad servers, teaspoons, vesta cases, desser forks and a silve cigarette box with the crest The Suffolk Regiment.
You may also want to watch:
There is also plenty of jewellery. There are rings, 9ct and 18ct included in the sale, as well as bracelets, brooches and costume jewellery.
A large collection of Goss sourvenir crested china also features in the auction as well as dinner services and suites of glassware.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Among the more unusual items in the auction are a white painted bird cage, a brown leather suitcase and a large brass sculpture in the form of the banana palm.
The Eastern sculpture, with a guide price of £150,000 was stood in the hallway of a country house.
Of local interest is the mahogany-cased wall clockl, with the retailers name of White & Son, Wickham Market. John White was a well known clockmaker in the village.
There are also four miniature watercolours depicting Woodbridge Tide Mill, the Shire Hall, Buttrums Mill and the Old Bell & Steelyard.
For those looking to get outside and enjoy the Spring sunshine the sale also includes garden tables and chairs, parasols and a petrol lawnmower.
Viewing for the auction takes place on Tuesday May 3 from 2.30pm to 7pm, with the auction commencing at 10.30am on Wednesday May 4.