Ashtons Legal lawyer raises more than £2,700 for cancer charity after hike in the Alps
- Credit: Archant
An East Anglian lawyer has raised over £2,700 for national cancer charity Mesothelioma UK.
Ashtons Legal personal injury partner, Richard Foyster, decided to undertake the fundraising because he works closely with clients who have been affected by mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.
Richard’s quest saw him take part in not one, but three fundraising events. This included growing a moustache for Movember and running the Norwich Half-Marathon. The highlight, however, was a hike through the French and Swiss Alps in June this year.
Richard said the hike was “at times physically demanding and scary”.
He added: “I act for many wonderful people who have had the misfortune of being diagnosed with asbestos related conditions.
You may also want to watch:
They inspire me with their determination, positive attitude, and good humour – attributes I was keen to use when the going got tough.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images