Auctioneer in bid for online profile
LONG-established auctioneers firm Reeman Dansie has reported a surge in on-line bidding following the launch of an improved website.
The Colchester firm saw the number of on-line bidders more than double for the sale immediately following the relaunch of the website, overseen by Sudbury-based marketing and design company Mackman Group.
“We are delighted with our rebranding and new website which has definitely increased our customer base throughout the world,” said Reeman’s senior partner, James Grinter.
“The increased business has continued to grow in our antiques and collectors’ sales so far this year and I am confident that it will continue to grow despite the recession.”
The impact of the recession on buying habits was among the factors which convinced Reeman Dansie the time was right to update its image and make its auctions more accessible, with another driver being the popularity of antiques-based television programmes such as Flog It!
You may also want to watch:
Mackman Group has won a string of awards for its work in recent years, including recognition in the EADT’s Anglian Business Awards in each of the last three years, for Small Business of the Year in 2008, Outstanding Customer Service last year and Community Involvement at this year’s ceremony, held last month.
Company director Paul Mackman said: “Reemans already had an enviably strong reputation amongst established antiques businesses and traders, particularly within this region so we really concentrated on search engine optimisation to bring in new customers and online bidders, whilst also making the website attractive and easy to use for existing customers and for Reeman’s administrative purposes.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds