Aurora bar on Ipswich Waterfront submits plans for outdoor bar
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
An upmarket bar and restaurant on Ipswich’s Waterfront could get an outdoor bar if plans are approved.
The Aurora bar in Helena Road has submitted a formal planning application to Ipswich Borough Council following pre-application advice in January, using a shipping container converted into an outdoor bar area.
The application said: “It is proposed to construct a lightweight outside bar at the restaurant, primarily for summer use.
“The proposed design seeks to provide a high standard of finishes and a good standard of amenity and will improve the character of the area and the way it functions.
“The proposal is as requested, conceived as a ‘subservient’ addition to the restaurant which does not block views of the apartments which form a backdrop to the urban space.”
You may also want to watch:
The bar would be built in the outside seating area, which the application states will be an “enhancement of an existing facility and allows improved monitoring of customer activity.”
The plans also outline an intention to create a wild-flower roof display which can be seen from a ramped walkway above.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
The application is currently in the consultation phase, and is due to be brought to borough council planners at the end of July.
A spokesman from Aurora was unavailable for comment.