AXA climbs three places in Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list
- Credit: Archant
Insurance group AXA has climbed into the top 20 of the large firms section of the Sunday Times’s annual Best Companies to Work for listing.
AXA, wich includes an office employing 1,200 people in Ipswich, was ranked 19th in this year’s listing, up three places on last year.
The judging criteria for the accolade, based on employee opinions, included work for local communities, the range of products and support on offer and benefits provided to employees.
AXA scored well acroos board, with its range of benefits for employees ranging from childcare vouchers and holiday purchase to sabbaticals and discounted gym membership.
The company says it places great importance on the wellbeing of its employees, as illustrated by family friendly policies, keeping in touch days and on site fitness classes.
You may also want to watch:
It says it also receives respect for its policy of giving something back to the local communities in which it operates. During 2014 AXA employees raised £632,579 for a number of charities across the UK.
Karan Hutchinson, AXA UK group HR director, said: “I am delighted that we have been recognised by the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
“Moving up three positions is proof that we are making great progress on our people priorities and are building a strong brand employer.
“We continually strive to make AXA a great place to work and engage with our employees to understand the life issues they face inside and outside of work through a number of unique initiatives. We will continue to work to keep our employees well informed, feeling valued, and inspired.”