Back superfast internet
BUSINESSES are being urged to sign up and prove there is a high demand for superfast broadband in Suffolk.
The wheels are in motion to upgrade internet speeds in Suffolk but the county council wants to ensure we get the service we deserve.
It hopes that by showing the strength of feeling and the level of commitment from businesses, potential suppliers will be encouraged to bid for the contract to roll out fibre optic links.
A spokesman said: “The survey will show bidders for the Suffolk contract that there is a strong market and make Suffolk an attractive place to invest.”
More than 500 local businesses have already signed up and completed an online survey, and the county council wants others to follow them.
You may also want to watch:
To encourage people to take part in the survey, the council has teamed up with Ramada Encore to offer a free two-night stay to one of the lucky business owners who signs up before Christmas.
Councillor Mark Bee, Suffolk County Council’s leader, said: “We’ve had an excellent response to our business survey so far but we want to double it at the very least.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 6 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
“I’d encourage all Suffolk businesses, large or small, to spend the five minutes it takes to show their support for better broadband for Suffolk.”
Melissa Neisler-Dickinson, account manager at the Ramada Encore Ipswich, said: “We want Suffolk to be a place that people want to come to because it’s easy to do business here.
“Part of that is having broadband access which is fit for the 21st Century. It only takes a moment to sign up and the more of us that do, the stronger the message we send.”
To sign up, visit www. suffolk.gov.uk/broadband