Badingham: Best of Suffolk on shortlist for British Travel Awards
HOLIDAY lets business Best of Suffolk has been shortlisted for the title of Best UK Holiday Cottage/Self Catering Booking Company in the 2012 British Travel Awards.
Best of Suffolk, based at Badingham, has expanded rapidily since its launch five years ago, now offering a portfolio of more than 190 properties ranging from conventional period cottages in the countryside or by the coast to houseboats, yurts, “glamping” huts and stately manor houses.
Alex Tarry, Best of Suffolk Director, said: “We are delighted to have been shortlisted in the Best UK Holiday Cottages/Self Catering Booking Company category.
“Best of Suffolk exists to provide the highest standards in quality and customer service so to have this recognized by a prestigious body such as the British Travel Awards is very exciting!”
Lorraine Barnes Burton, chief executive of the British Travel Awards (BTAs), said: “Best of Suffolk is to be congratulated on reaching the finals of the prestigious British Travel Awards.
You may also want to watch:
“The largest consumer voted awards programme in the UK, the BTAs are designed to reward the best companies in travel, and the winning accolade is the benchmark for excellence when it comes to finding out who really is the best in the business of travel for the UK consumer. Good luck to Best of Suffolk!”
All companies entered for an award were put before a core selection of industry professionals, drawn from the BTA Academy, a panel of respected individuals in business from both in and outside the travel industry, who whittled the nominations down to the list of final nominees in each of the 75 categories.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
The next stage sees the shortlisted companies put before a public vote, with shortlisted companies encouraged to lobby their happy customers for votes.
The winners of the 2012 British Travel Awards will be announced on 1 November at the Battersea Evolution in Battersea Park, London.