Badingham: Best of Suffolk on shortlist for British Travel Awards
HOLIDAY lets business Best of Suffolk has been shortlisted for the title of Best UK Holiday Cottage/Self Catering Booking Company in the 2012 British Travel Awards.
Best of Suffolk, based at Badingham, has expanded rapidily since its launch five years ago, now offering a portfolio of more than 190 properties ranging from conventional period cottages in the countryside or by the coast to houseboats, yurts, “glamping” huts and stately manor houses.
Alex Tarry, Best of Suffolk Director, said: “We are delighted to have been shortlisted in the Best UK Holiday Cottages/Self Catering Booking Company category.
“Best of Suffolk exists to provide the highest standards in quality and customer service so to have this recognized by a prestigious body such as the British Travel Awards is very exciting!”
Lorraine Barnes Burton, chief executive of the British Travel Awards (BTAs), said: “Best of Suffolk is to be congratulated on reaching the finals of the prestigious British Travel Awards.
“The largest consumer voted awards programme in the UK, the BTAs are designed to reward the best companies in travel, and the winning accolade is the benchmark for excellence when it comes to finding out who really is the best in the business of travel for the UK consumer. Good luck to Best of Suffolk!”
All companies entered for an award were put before a core selection of industry professionals, drawn from the BTA Academy, a panel of respected individuals in business from both in and outside the travel industry, who whittled the nominations down to the list of final nominees in each of the 75 categories.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 3 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 4 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 5 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 6 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 7 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 8 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 9 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 10 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
The next stage sees the shortlisted companies put before a public vote, with shortlisted companies encouraged to lobby their happy customers for votes.
The winners of the 2012 British Travel Awards will be announced on 1 November at the Battersea Evolution in Battersea Park, London.