Bakery assistant swaps cakes for circuit boards with apprenticeship at Circad Design Limited, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A former bakery assistant who swapped filling cake cases to become an electronics engineering apprentice says it is the job she “always wanted”.
Lauren Matthews, 23, said she was the only girl who applied for the apprenticeship at Circad Design Limited in Ipswich and “shocked” when she got an interview.
Now she is learning how to locate faults in printed circuit boards and has impressed her bosses so much that they are looking for two new apprentices to follow in her footsteps.
“To start with I didn’t know anything about electronics engineering” she said.
“I’d soldered things at school but that was it. My manager has taught me everything I need to know and I go to college. I love it. I always wanted a job that would give me a sense of achievement and I’ve got that 100%.”
Circad Design Limited’s Mick Cutter, said, “Lauren is doing very well. She’s a quick learner and listens. She is above our expectations.”
The award-winning company is looking for a sales and marketing apprentice as well as another electronics manufacturing apprentice.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
Anyone interested in the apprenticeships at Circad Design Limited should call 01473 743700.