Bakery assistant swaps cakes for circuit boards with apprenticeship at Circad Design Limited, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A former bakery assistant who swapped filling cake cases to become an electronics engineering apprentice says it is the job she “always wanted”.
Lauren Matthews, 23, said she was the only girl who applied for the apprenticeship at Circad Design Limited in Ipswich and “shocked” when she got an interview.
Now she is learning how to locate faults in printed circuit boards and has impressed her bosses so much that they are looking for two new apprentices to follow in her footsteps.
“To start with I didn’t know anything about electronics engineering” she said.
“I’d soldered things at school but that was it. My manager has taught me everything I need to know and I go to college. I love it. I always wanted a job that would give me a sense of achievement and I’ve got that 100%.”
You may also want to watch:
Circad Design Limited’s Mick Cutter, said, “Lauren is doing very well. She’s a quick learner and listens. She is above our expectations.”
The award-winning company is looking for a sales and marketing apprentice as well as another electronics manufacturing apprentice.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
Anyone interested in the apprenticeships at Circad Design Limited should call 01473 743700.