Bargain Buys to replace former Argos store
- Credit: JIM WILLSHER
A building in Sudbury which has stood empty for more than two years will become the new home of discount stores Bargain Buys and The Pet Hut.
Formerly an Argos, the store in North Street has been vacant since April 2017.
The new discount stores will open on Thursday, July 4.
Bargain Buys, which is owned by Poundstretcher, sells a range of homeware, toiletries and food and drink all for lower prices.
Meanwhile the pet care section of the store, which is also owned by Poundstretcher and comes under the name The Pet Hut, provides everything you need for dogs, cats, birds and small pets.
You may also want to watch:
The people of Sudbury have been responding well to the news of the store on Facebook, with many excited about the town's new arrival.
Michelle Chambers said: "Great, an empty shop filled, jobs created and cheap supplies. Yes it would be nice to have more quality or independent shops but we can keep on hoping. I know I prefer a filled shop to an empty one."
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Body found in the River Orwell
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 Suffolk pensioner exposed to asbestos for up to 30 years as carpenter
Sarah Critcher added: "I'm really pleased about this! I don't drive and use crutches a lot of the time so getting up to Poundshop and Pets At Home is a pain. Hopefully this will also increase foot traffic up the top end of North Street."
Previously the shop stood empty for more than two years following the closure of Argos back in 2017.
Read more: Argos and Poundland to close their doors in North Street, SudburyThe new discount store will celebrate its grand opening from 10am next Thursday, with a range of opening deals to entice the first customers through the doors.
The first five people in line will get a faux leather double bed worth £99.99 for just £14.99, the next 10 customers can grab a glass TV stand worth £49.99 for just £9.99.
After that the next 175 people can get a washable rug worth £6.99 for just £3.99.