Barnes Construction gets a buzz out of helping Bumblebee Children’s Charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based building company has raised thousands of pounds for a local children’s charity.
Barnes Construction has supported the Bumblebee Children’s Charity through fundraising and by carrying out work at the independent pre-school in Sproughton, which helps babies and young children with physical difficulties.
Barnes chose Bumblebee as its charity of the year for 2017 and recently presented it with a cheque for £2,000.
Workers at Barnes have also lent their expertise in carrying out building work at the school’s premises including re-decorating and making repairs to the main entrance.
Outside, Barnes has laid specialist brightly coloured flooring and painted the fence in Bumblebee purple.
You may also want to watch:
Charity Principal Alison Stonham said: “We receive no statutory funding and rely on the generosity of local people and organisations and companies such as Barnes to support the work we do.”
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 More snow could be on its way to Suffolk - but heavy rain expected first
- 3 Covid cases fall by a third in some parts of Suffolk and Essex
- 4 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 7 All over-80s in Suffolk to get vaccine within two weeks as rollout accelerates
- 8 Call for action to solve flooding problems in Suffolk villages
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Mapped: The neighbourhoods with the highest Covid infection rates