Barnes Construction gets a buzz out of helping Bumblebee Children’s Charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich-based building company has raised thousands of pounds for a local children’s charity.
Barnes Construction has supported the Bumblebee Children’s Charity through fundraising and by carrying out work at the independent pre-school in Sproughton, which helps babies and young children with physical difficulties.
Barnes chose Bumblebee as its charity of the year for 2017 and recently presented it with a cheque for £2,000.
Workers at Barnes have also lent their expertise in carrying out building work at the school’s premises including re-decorating and making repairs to the main entrance.
Outside, Barnes has laid specialist brightly coloured flooring and painted the fence in Bumblebee purple.
You may also want to watch:
Charity Principal Alison Stonham said: “We receive no statutory funding and rely on the generosity of local people and organisations and companies such as Barnes to support the work we do.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch