Barnes Construction receives Trading for Good ‘Responsible Business Award’
- Credit: Archant
Barnes Construction has become the first business in the UK to received the Trading for Good “Resonsible Business Award”.
Trading for Good is a digital platform that helps businesses strengthen their reputation and grow through showcasing the good work they do in their local communities.
It was created in 2012, emerging out of the Government’s “Every Business Commits” agenda focused on five key priorities for sustainable business behaviour, and firms were invited to apply for the new award in recognition of their efforts last December.
Barnes, which is based in Ipswich, was not only the first company to meet the requirement of submitting details of five responsible business activities within a 12-month period, including five outside endorsements, but went beyond the minimum by detailing a total of 25 activities during 2014, supported by eight endorsements.
from young people who have been employed by Barnes.
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Chaplin, regional ambassador for Trading for Good, said: “I have been really impressed with the contribution that Barnes has made.
“The quality of the responses is testimony to the excellent training and development that Barnes offers. This local construction company really understands that to ensure success, talented young people are the life blood of any business and as a result, they developed a number of activities; one of which is ‘Helping Young People into Work’.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
Barnes has also led the way in the industry locally by inviting Trading for Good to the Forum for the Built Environment (East Anglia) event, to encourage others in the construction industry across the region to join and demonstrate best practice. As a result, a number of local companies have joined Trading for Good.
Mark Bailey, director at Barnes Construction, said: “Trading for Good is an excellent vehicle for us to record and store our local community corporate social responsibility activities. Additionally, it makes life a little easier when preparing support information for clients.”