A community is forged at busy business centre in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Basepoint Business Centre in Ipswich has been fully occupied for the last five months, and has managed to maintain a 96% average occupancy rate since first opening almost 10 years ago.
The centre at The Havens boasts 70 offices, small business units from 1 person suites to open plan offices up to 1,500 sq ft. It was part of Basepoint Centres Ltd until last May, when the company was acquired by IWG which also owns Regus and Spaces. This acquisition added 31 business centres, mainly across the South East, to IWG’s portfolio, taking it to over 340 serviced offices in the UK and over 3,000 globally.
The ACT Foundation, a charitable trust organisation and the original owners of Basepoint, decided to sell the business to allow them to place more funding into charity grants.
Businesses who are part of the Regus membership scheme are able to use any centre in the UK which now includes Basepoint, allows them to make use of the breakout area (in the case of Ipswich) or the business lounges (in Chelmsford, Norwich and Cambridge) to work from occasionally, meet clients or book the meeting room for larger training or meetings. A virtual service is also available allowing small businesses to have a registered business address without the overheads of a physical office.
Over the past year some small changes have been made at Basepoint to allow administration processes used within Regus to be implemented, but the Basepoint branding has not been affected and its signature green and white colours remain.
You may also want to watch:
Free Networking events including a buffet lunch are held at the centre bi-monthly with the next one being held on Friday 28th September. Guest Speaker Alistair Port from Orwell Accountants will be explaining what you need to know about making tax digital.
This month, the Ipswich centre help a Bake Off event, which Emma from JDS Logistics winning with her Victoria Sponge.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire