Media giant takes on five East Anglian radio stations
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s largest media groups has revealed it will be taking over Celador Radio – which runs five stations across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
Bauer Media, which also runs Absolute Radio, Kiss and Magic, announced today it has acquired Celador Radio, the company responsible for a significant proportion of the region’s local stations.
The media giant will now add North Norfolk Radio, Radio Norwich, The Beach, Town 102 and Dream 100 to its portfolio of more than 100 radio stations nationwide.
The stations span North Norfolk, Norwich, Lowestoft, Ipswich and Tendring.
Bauer Media have also acquired the Lincs FM Group, which has part shares in Ipswich 102 – the station that recently won the town’s broadcasting licence after challenging Town 102.
You may also want to watch:
Celador Radio also has licences in Thames Valley, Solent and the South West regions.
Paul Keenan, CEO of Bauer Media UK and European Radio, said: “The UK’s love of radio shows no signs of diminishing and we are investing to extend our reach and broaden our offer.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
“Radio enjoyed record revenues last year and continues to exceed advertiser expectations, offering proven positive brand impact within an uncertain landscape.
“Bauer’s strong position on new listening platforms - with more than 60% of our listening now digital – will help secure the future of the acquired stations in the new audio world.
“Through this investment Bauer Media is demonstrating its fundamental belief in the UK, one of its key markets, which it is certain will continue to offer great opportunities for growth and economic success and in the continuing relevance of radio as a medium.“