`He that hath no beard is less than a man’ - Shakespeare.
- Credit: Archant
It’s Movember; when men grow beards and moustaches, as part of fundraising to tackle men’s health issues, including prostate and testicular cancer.
This year, the guys at Francesco Hair Salon are hosting a special fun and fundraising event, with a beard theme, on Thursday evening November 22, from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Giovanni De Lellis said: “We have supported Movember for a number of years, but this year the guys didn’t fancy growing moustaches.
“We decided it was still a good idea to promote the cause, and raise a bit for men’s charities.
“These are important issues and it is also about raising awareness.
You may also want to watch:
“The Movember Foundation does brilliant work, helps raising vital funds for testicular cancer, prostate cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
“It is a casual evening with free beard trims, we are just asking for a donation to the Movember Foundation.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
Also on the night is the book launch for 50 Finest Beards, by locally Uplands Media, featuring caricatures of beard-wearers from Roy Keane to Father Christmas.
Beards are very much vogue at the moment.
As Shakespeare said: “He that hath no beard is less than a man.’