Bell Hotel reopens with new team at the helm following facelift
- Credit: Archant
The couple at the helm of the Bell Hotel, in Clare, have raised a glass with their community to celebrate the reopening of the Grade-II-listed former coaching inn at the heart of the west Suffolk town.
Daniel Esplen and Zainab Khan took over the running of the Greene King Pub Partners hotel on July 31 but it was then closed for three weeks to allow the pub company and brewer to carry out a complete refurbishment of the bar and restaurant area, with a further refurbishment of the accommodation area planned for 2019.
“We had a fantastic opening night on August 24,” said Daniel. “It was really busy with lots of people coming in to see the changes and everyone was really enthusiastic and it continued throughout the weekend and into the Bank Holiday Monday.
“We’re also introducing our Sunday roasts soon and are looking forward to welcoming more people through the doors then. We’d like to thank everyone for their warm welcome and support. Everyone seems genuinely delighted to have The Bell revamped and improved as a real asset to the town.”
Walking through the new entrance to The Bell now leads into a brighter and more open space, with a log fire installed in the centre of the bar and a separate lounge area to sit in comfort. The games room has been completely altered and turned into The Bell’s restaurant Latitude 52 – the latitude at which you can find Clare on the map.
You may also want to watch:
Zainab added: “Lots of people were expecting the refurbishment to comprise a lick of paint as it wasn’t closed that long but I think everyone was genuinely really thrilled to see how different it was. We’re so pleased to be open and starting to build up The Bell as a successful and popular business.”
Greene King Pub Partners managing director John Forrest said: “We’re always looking to support our pubs and are thrilled to have invested significantly in The Bell Hotel, which is a real asset to the Clare community.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
“I’m delighted that Daniel and Zainab are pleased with the refurbishment work and wish them both every success in their new venture.”
The Bell Hotel is now taking bookings for Christmas and Latitude 52 is open from noon to 3pm and 6pm to 9.30pm daily.
For more information about the pub and to book visit www.thebellhotelclare.com and www.facebook.com/thebellhotelclare