Bildeston Crown chef Chris Lee joins Gregg Wallace, Tom Kerridge and Michel Roux Jr in ‘Cooks & Kids’ initiative
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based chef Chris Lee has supported the production of a third cookbook under the National Fostering Agency’s “Cooks & Kids” initiative.
Chris, from the Bildeston Crown, near Hadleigh, hosted a visit to his restaurant by local families selected by the agency and was also among the chefs involved in a event in London for children and young people from across the country.
Cooks & Kids offers six- to 18-year-olds an opportunity to create recipes alongside top chefs, helping them to learn about healthy eating as well as making cooking fun.
Also taking part in the national event were Tom Kerridge, Michel Roux Jr, Cyrus Todiwala, Aldo Zilli, MasterChef winners Simon Wood and Ping Coombes and previous Celebrity MasterChef contestants Wayne Sleep and Sophie Thompson.
MasterChef judge Gregg Wallace, co-editor of the lastest book, Cooks & Kids 3, said: “Working with chefs such as Chris Lee, who has taken part in all three of the ‘Cooks and Kids’ books, is a real pleasure. Chefs work extremely hard and to see them commit so much time to encouraging young kids to cook and share their passion is inspirational.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Lee added: “It’s a chance to do something very small – cook – which could make such a big difference in the kid’s life; it can give them a passion for food.”
Cooks & Kids 3 was officially launched last Saturday and the Bildeston Crown will be celebrating with some of the families involved tomorrow, when children will help cook a meal based on recipes from the book befor enjoying lunch with their families.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
Royalties from the sale of the new book will be donated to the children’s mental health charity Place2Be.