Bildeston Crown chef Chris Lee joins Gregg Wallace, Tom Kerridge and Michel Roux Jr in ‘Cooks & Kids’ initiative
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based chef Chris Lee has supported the production of a third cookbook under the National Fostering Agency’s “Cooks & Kids” initiative.
Chris, from the Bildeston Crown, near Hadleigh, hosted a visit to his restaurant by local families selected by the agency and was also among the chefs involved in a event in London for children and young people from across the country.
Cooks & Kids offers six- to 18-year-olds an opportunity to create recipes alongside top chefs, helping them to learn about healthy eating as well as making cooking fun.
Also taking part in the national event were Tom Kerridge, Michel Roux Jr, Cyrus Todiwala, Aldo Zilli, MasterChef winners Simon Wood and Ping Coombes and previous Celebrity MasterChef contestants Wayne Sleep and Sophie Thompson.
MasterChef judge Gregg Wallace, co-editor of the lastest book, Cooks & Kids 3, said: “Working with chefs such as Chris Lee, who has taken part in all three of the ‘Cooks and Kids’ books, is a real pleasure. Chefs work extremely hard and to see them commit so much time to encouraging young kids to cook and share their passion is inspirational.”
Chris Lee added: “It’s a chance to do something very small – cook – which could make such a big difference in the kid’s life; it can give them a passion for food.”
Cooks & Kids 3 was officially launched last Saturday and the Bildeston Crown will be celebrating with some of the families involved tomorrow, when children will help cook a meal based on recipes from the book befor enjoying lunch with their families.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 6 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
Royalties from the sale of the new book will be donated to the children’s mental health charity Place2Be.