Bildeston: Crown lands Sunday Times Britain’s Top 200 Restaurants ranking
ONE of the county’s award-winning pubs has added another accolade to its impressive collection.
The Bildeston Crown, in Bildeston, has been ranked 107 in The Food List: The Sunday Times’s Britain’s Top 200 Restaurants.
And to top it off the pub, which was awarded three AA rosettes in 2007 and has retained them ever since, was named third-best gastropub in the country.
The pub was fourth in the East of England category, followed closely in fifth place by The Great House in Lavenham – which also made the overall top 200.
Head chef Chris Lee said: “It is always great to be recognised for doing something well.
“To be ranked at 107 in Britain’s Top 200 Restaurants and third in the list of UK gastropubs is just fantastic.
“It is full credit to the team here at The Bildeston Crown and to our customers who return again and again and who reassure us that we have got it right.”
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 9 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 10 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
Last year the team celebrated winning Best Restaurant at the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards.
To make the Sunday Times list an establishment must be picked for its food quality by a panel of 8,000 diners-out from across the UK.
Out of 10 marks, the Crown scored 8.9 with The Great House gaining a respectable 8.76.