Birch Farm children’s nursery at Hintlesham to celebrate 25th anniversary
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Birch Farm Nursery at Hintlesham, near Hadleigh, is this year celebrating its 25th anniversary – and is inviting past pupils, and their parents, grandparents and carers to get in touch.
They will be invited to a Summer Fayre planned for Saturday, July 2, which will also feature a display on former users’ recollections.
Facilities added since the opening in 1991 have included a play barn, a learners’ swimming pool and a canteen.
Mini Shakespeare, who along with husband Darren, owns Birch Farm, said: “The nursery sector has seen an enormous amount of change in that time, in terms of parental and carer expectations, best practice and the inspection regimes we operate under”.
“So being in business for 25 years is quite an achievement and we think that fact alone makes us one of the longest-lasting nurseries in Suffolk, if not the country which is pretty good in one of the toughest market sectors of the lot!
“More importantly, we believe that our total focus on the children in our care, continuous staff training and development and a culture that seeks to partner with parents and carers explains why we’ve been around so long. It certainly has contributed to our recent OFSTED rating as being a ‘good’ nursey.
“Our enduring pride is in the care and education we have been able to offer to the 1,000-plus youngsters who have been part of the Birch Farm family over that time”.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 7 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 8 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 9 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 10 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
Mini added: “We’d really like to hear about any of their memories or thoughts about Birch Farm as we hope to display as many recollections in time for our 25th celebrations at our Summer Fayre on Saturday, July 2, to which they will be invited”.
“We’re probably going to have a 1991-theme to these celebrations, so we’re looking forward to seeing as many mullets on display as possible!”
Anyone wishing to share their recollections should email firstname.lastname@example.org .