Birketts advises on acquisition of Essex-based Selcia by Eurofins Scientific
- Credit: Archant
Regional law firm Birketts has advised the shareholders of Essex pharmaceutical research company Selcia Holdings on its sale to Belgian multinational Eurofins Scientific.
Selcia, which is based at Ongar, near Chelmsford, provides drug discovery, medicinal chemistry and isotope labelling services to the life sciences industry and renowned research bodies. The value of the deal with Eurofins has not been disclosed.
The Birketts team was led by partner Nigel Thompson, who was assisted by Stephanie Ayre (corporate) and supported by John Kahn (tax), Matthew Grindley (property) and Laura Jackson (employment).
Hans Fliri, chairman of Selcia, said: “This was a great opportunity for the shareholders of Selcia and for Selcia itself. We have previously worked with Birketts and wanted an experienced and dedicated team of lawyers to help us achieve our goal.
“The team at Birketts met our requirements in all aspects. The Birketts team provided first class expertise and client care and this gave us huge confidence in the whole process. It has been a real pleasure working with all at Birketts.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Thompson added: “I am pleased that we were able to help Hans and his fellow shareholders achieve their aims and wish future success for all at Selcia as part of Eurofins.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth