Birketts advises on sale of Essex-based Akehurst Tyres to Universal
- Credit: Archant
The corporate team at regional law firm Birketts has advised Essex-based Akehurst Tyres on the sale of its business and assets to the Universal Tyre Company (Deptford) Ltd.
Akehurst, established in 1971, was a family-owned firm based in Chelmsford, selling tyres to private motorists and business customes.
The corporate transaction was led by Birketts corporate partner Nick Burnett, assisted by Heidi Jones, with Laura Jackson providing employment law advice.
Grace Kerr worked on the property aspects, which involved the separate sale of the business premises, owned by Brenda Akehurst and leased to Akehurst Tyres, to the International Bible Students Association. It plans to redevelopment the Temple Farm site, subject to planning permission.
Lisa Akehurst, daughter of founder Christopher Akehurst, who has now taken up the role of depot operations manager with Universal, said: “Birketts’ knowledgeable corporate and property teams kept us informed at all times and ensured we reached a positive outcome. Throughout the process the team provided exceptional levels of service.”
You may also want to watch:
Nick Burnett added: “Birketts has been providing legal support and assistance to both first generation and long established family businesses for many years.”
He added: “We’re delighted to help a local family business secure it sale.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
The financial value of the acquisition was not disclosed.