Woodbridge restaurant to give out 300 free meals to children this weekend
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A Woodbridge restaurant owner is giving away 300 burgers and chips this weekend to local children to celebrate a national holiday in his native Turkey.
Blue Salt Wood Fired Grill director Feyzan Akbulut will be offering the meals to children up to the age of 15 on Saturday, April 24 – one day after Turkey's National Sovereignty and Children's Day.
Mr Akbulut said the Turkish national holiday is dedicated to children around the world.
He said: "I like to give back and help the community whenever I can. As it is a national holiday for children, I want to give kids something they can enjoy.
"We will be giving out our delicious handmade burgers and chips, which are all made in-house.
"If it proves popular then maybe next year we will have to do it again with 600 burgers.
"Come join us and let’s all celebrate this big day together."
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 8 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
Mr Akbulut will be serving the burgers from 11am to 4pm, and has asked for children to bring along a form of ID.