Fat Frog Comedy Club hops into Colchester
- Credit: Fat Frog Comedy
Business is no joke - but it can be a laughing matter. Just ask stand-up comedian Joe Grant.
He has returned to his home county of Essex to launch his own comedy club with his partner Marion Vivien,
During his six years on the stand-up circuit Joe, who is originally from Clacton-on-Sea and studied at Colchester Institute, has travelled hundred of miles around the country, and across to the Netherlands and France, entertaining audiences.
But now he is back on home turf with his latest project - the Fat Frog Comedy Club night.
The first night will feature four guest comedians performing at Norfolk House, a 200-seat venue in Colchester on Saturday October 27, with more events planned during the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
The 30-year-old said “I’ve always had an interest in the world of comedy and met my partner Marion when I was doing stand-up, including performing at the Edinburgh fringe.
“Marion has been involved in the industry over the past decade, including meeting comedy legends and working along artists such as Barry Cryer, Arthur Smith and Bill Bailey among many others and so together we’ve set up Fat Frog Comedy.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Body found in the River Orwell
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
“We have recently moved down to Colchester and wanted to bring something exciting and fresh to Colchester.
“Fat Frog Comedy is a brand new comedy club right in the middle of town bringing the best stand-up comedians to your door. Our first event is a `bring your own booze’ event so you won’t have to queue at the bar or spend a fortune on drinks, allowing you to just buy a ticket, bring your own booze, sit back and enjoy the show.”
The first night line-up includes English comedian of the year Nick Page, from Britain’s Got Talent, Harriet Dyer and Peter Bazeley with Nico Yearwood as MC.
Advance tickets are available from Two Brews in Crouch Street, Colchester. Entry is £10 in advance or £15 on the night.