Fat Frog Comedy Club hops into Colchester
- Credit: Fat Frog Comedy
Business is no joke - but it can be a laughing matter. Just ask stand-up comedian Joe Grant.
He has returned to his home county of Essex to launch his own comedy club with his partner Marion Vivien,
During his six years on the stand-up circuit Joe, who is originally from Clacton-on-Sea and studied at Colchester Institute, has travelled hundred of miles around the country, and across to the Netherlands and France, entertaining audiences.
But now he is back on home turf with his latest project - the Fat Frog Comedy Club night.
The first night will feature four guest comedians performing at Norfolk House, a 200-seat venue in Colchester on Saturday October 27, with more events planned during the next 12 months.
The 30-year-old said “I’ve always had an interest in the world of comedy and met my partner Marion when I was doing stand-up, including performing at the Edinburgh fringe.
“Marion has been involved in the industry over the past decade, including meeting comedy legends and working along artists such as Barry Cryer, Arthur Smith and Bill Bailey among many others and so together we’ve set up Fat Frog Comedy.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 4 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 5 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 6 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
“We have recently moved down to Colchester and wanted to bring something exciting and fresh to Colchester.
“Fat Frog Comedy is a brand new comedy club right in the middle of town bringing the best stand-up comedians to your door. Our first event is a `bring your own booze’ event so you won’t have to queue at the bar or spend a fortune on drinks, allowing you to just buy a ticket, bring your own booze, sit back and enjoy the show.”
The first night line-up includes English comedian of the year Nick Page, from Britain’s Got Talent, Harriet Dyer and Peter Bazeley with Nico Yearwood as MC.
Advance tickets are available from Two Brews in Crouch Street, Colchester. Entry is £10 in advance or £15 on the night.