Boost for a local cancer charity
- Credit: Rob Howarth
Persimmon Homes Anglia has handed over more than £3,800 to help fight cancer in Suffolk and Norfolk.
Regional housebuilder Persimmon Homes Anglia has handed over more than £3,800 to cancer charity Macmillan.
A variety of events organised by staff at the company’s Lowestoft headquarters brought in a total or £3,898.20.
Andrew Fuller managing director of Persimmon Homes Anglia said: “There are more than two million people living with cancer in the UK so funding is vital to help Macmillan continue to provide its services to help those affected by the disease across Norfolk and Suffolk.
“We pledged to make Macmillan the focus of our corporate and employee fundraising throughout 2016, with our architects Matt Wright and Jasmine Mountford leading the way when they completed the Bungay Half Marathon in April.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone here greatly admires Macmillan’s work and our staff were delighted to get involved in the fundraising efforts.”
Helen Glenholmes, fundraising manager for East Suffolk and Waveney Macmillan Cancer Support, added: “We are very grateful to the Persimmon team for their support over the past twelve months.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“We have over 150 Macmillan professionals in this area, who provide local families with medical, emotional, and practical support during their cancer treatment.
“Macmillan need to raise £4,000 to keep one of our Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialists in post for a month, enabling them to help over 150 patients throughout the year, so we thank Persimmon for helping to make this possible.”
For more information about Persimmon visit www.persimmonhomes.com