Boost for Stansted as Eurowings announce Munich flights
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport received an early Christmas present this week with the news that German carrier, Eurowings, will begin flights to Munich next summer.
Flights to the Bavarian capital begin on March 31 and will operate every day except Saturdays.
The service will complement the carrier’s existing flights to Stuttgart, Hanover, Cologne and Vienna.
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted Airport’s aviation director, said: “This is great news and adds even more choice to the already extensive European network on offer at Stansted. Eurowings is firmly established as a major airline at Stansted and we look forward to continuing our excellent working relationship.
“I’m sure the new service will be very well received within our catchment area, especially by business passengers along the London-Stansted-Cambridge economic corridor as well as those travelling from Munich wanting quick and easy access to London and the East of England.”
You may also want to watch:
The news comes on the back of two other recent airline announcements. British Airways launched ski flights to Chambery last weekend, while Jet2 unveiled further growth at Stansted with four new routes and increased frequencies from next summer.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad