Boost for Stansted as Eurowings announce Munich flights
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport received an early Christmas present this week with the news that German carrier, Eurowings, will begin flights to Munich next summer.
Flights to the Bavarian capital begin on March 31 and will operate every day except Saturdays.
The service will complement the carrier’s existing flights to Stuttgart, Hanover, Cologne and Vienna.
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted Airport’s aviation director, said: “This is great news and adds even more choice to the already extensive European network on offer at Stansted. Eurowings is firmly established as a major airline at Stansted and we look forward to continuing our excellent working relationship.
“I’m sure the new service will be very well received within our catchment area, especially by business passengers along the London-Stansted-Cambridge economic corridor as well as those travelling from Munich wanting quick and easy access to London and the East of England.”
You may also want to watch:
The news comes on the back of two other recent airline announcements. British Airways launched ski flights to Chambery last weekend, while Jet2 unveiled further growth at Stansted with four new routes and increased frequencies from next summer.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 Suffolk pensioner exposed to asbestos for up to 30 years as carpenter