Boss of Newmarket call centre firm Factotum voted in as president of Suffolk Chamber
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a call centre services business has become the new president of Suffolk Chamber,
Graham Abbey, of Factotum Ltd based in Newmarket and Leicester, takes over the reins from Sarah Howard MBE, who has reached the end of her three year term.
Mr Abbey was voted in at Monday’s 133rd annual general meeting, held at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall, Ipswich, which was attended by more than 100 members.
He thanked Ms Howard for her hard work and encouragement, and said she would be “a tough act to follow”.
“I’m thrilled to have become president as I am passionate about business in all its guises,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
To be successful firms needed to be profitable, to provide a safe and challenging environment for employees, and to act ethically. They also needed the right infrastructure, he said. The AGM also heard from guest speaker Erica Clegg of PR firm Spring.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming