Bradfield Combust: Fruit juice firm Maynard House Orchards forms Spanish partnership
Suffolk apple juice producer Maynard House Orchards has teamed up with citrus fruit growers from Valencia in Spain to create a new product.
Maynard House Orange and Clementine Juice has been developed in response to requests from customers.
It will be officially launched at the Hotel Olympia event at the Excel centre in London, which runs from April 28 to May 1.
Clive Williamson, owner of Maynard House Orchards, said: “For many years now, our customers have asked us if we could offer an orange juice of the same quality and values as our award-winning apple juice range and we have recently found a way to meet this demand.
“Our major hurdle, of course, is that we cannot grow oranges of the necessary quality in Suffolk, so we have joined up with family-run orange growers in the heart of Valencia, with established quality credentials and similar values and integrity that Maynard House Orchards has worked so hard to build.
You may also want to watch:
“In Britain we are well used to our oranges arriving with little green Valencian stickers as this area is widely recognised to produce the most superior orange juice. This fruit offers excellent colour, flavour and high juice content, which is why the Valencia orange variety is shipped and grown all over the world, including California.”
The launch of Maynard House Orange and Clementine Juice also sees the introduction of a new bottle shape. It will be available in in a 200ml “stubby” bottle with a wide neck as well as 750ml glass bottles.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
The new design means the juice can easily be drunk direct from the bottle or poured neatly into a glass without glugging, with the shorter design having the added benefit of making it easier to accommodate on shelves.