Braintree: Benchmark acquires Novartis vaccines facility
INVESTMENT company Benchmark Holdings has agreed to acquire the Novartis Animal Health vaccine manufacturing plant in Braintree.
Benchmark, which is based in Sheffield, said the deal – the value of which has not been disclosed – would ensures both continuity of production and all the jobs at the facility.
The Braintree plant has been producing licensed veterinary vaccines for Novartis and other major pharmaceutical companies for more than 25 years.
Under Benchmark, the plant’s role as a toll manufacturer will be expanded. Following a major investment in production and R&D capability at the plant new specialist small to medium scale products will be manufactured for developing world markets.
A company spokesman said: “Benchmark Holdings is delighted with the addition of the Braintree plant to the Benchmark family, an excellent team in a first class facility. It also provides a great fit with the existing businesses and will play a major role in our continuing growth.
You may also want to watch:
“The business will maintain Benchmark’s core ethical philosophy based on the 3Es of ethical, environmental and economic business practices.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge